The key objectives of Edition 2.0 are:-
1. create business opportunities for Indian Industries
2. Support Indian Industries, particularly the MSMEs in entering Aerospace & Defence and involve in Indigenisation
3. Explore opportunities in Exporting their products and services
4. Explore opportunities in joint ventures and investment with overseas industries.
5. To support development of Tamil Nadu Defence Corridor.
6. To create joint venture and or collaboration opportunities for Foreign companies.
7. To create opportunities for foreign companies to Make in India for their global market.
Defence PSUs, Armed Forces, ISRO, DRDO along with Large Private Sector Units and few Foreign Embassies and Foreign companies are expected and will participate in this event.
Opportunities with Armed Forces: With Armed Forces having hundreds of Indigenisation items, the participating Companies will have great opportunity to meet and interact with the Armed Forces representatives and engage in Indigenisation. Army, Navy and Air Force units are participating in this event in full strength.
Opportunities with DPSUs: DPSUs having hundreds and hundreds of component level, sub-system level and system level requirements, both in their regular supply chain as well as Indigenisation, the participating units will have great opportunity to meet and interact with the representatives of DPSUs such as HAL, BEML, Goa Ship Yard, Bharat Dynamics, Midhani, Cochin Ship Yard, Clothing Factories, Armoured Vehicles Group, Advanced Weapons Group, Munition India Group, etc.,
With Troop comfort units, participating units can explore opportunities in the clothing products including bullet proof jackets. With Shipping units, participating companies can explore both component & sub-system level and fabrication business opportunities. With other units, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and other opportunities can be explored.
Artificial Intelligence & Robotics: There is a special requirement for AI & Robotics with the Armed Forces and to explore the various opportunities and to provide a platform for this emerging sector, we are providing a special pavilion for this segment. AI & Robotic units can explore this opportunity of displaying their product and display their materials and to interact with the potential users and buyers.
The presence of key buyer industries and the nodal officers from the units will help the MSMEs and Selling units an opportunity to meet up with them during the B2B meetings and explore the business opportunities.
B2B Meetings: Participating Buyers & Sellers can, through the Defence & Technology Expo website, pre-schedule One-on-One B2B meetings with their potential sellers & buyers. To support proper interaction we plan to have
– Group B2B meetings where the large buyers & Armed Forces can present their requirements to a group of MSME sellers
– Engage in One-on-One B2B Meetings with Exhibiting Companies
– Interact with both Exhibitors & Business Visitors in the specially created B2B Lounge
During this upcoming Edition 2.0 show we are encouraging & motivating Industry – Academia – DRDO – Armed Forces – Financial Institutions to collaborate to speed up Indigenisation and also with support from the end users (Armed Forces) go in for innovation. This will be a unique partnership with Financial Institutions like banks coming in and support a consortium of MSMEs with Research & Proto Type support from Academic Institutions, DRDO providing Technology and other support, Armed Forces providing usage details to help go in for innovation and Industries can form a consortium to meet up not just sub-system but system level development.
Seminars: During the three day event there will be Seminars where high profile speakers from the Buyers (DPSUs, Armed Forces, Large Private Units, ISRO, etc.,) will address and present their requirements. DGQA & DGAQA along with GEM will present the registration process. There will be other sessions with topics and speakers relevant to Industry.